Monday, November 3, 2008

Rockville 10K - It's Morning Again


It's morning again in my running world. Today I am running faster and more often than ever since my surgery. With a newly strengthened ankle, I’ve run six races already this year and am scheduled to run two more. Yesterday morning in Rockville, I ran a 10k in 49 minutes, 5 seconds, a time much faster than anything I’ve run this year at a comparable distance, and with this improving trend, I can look forward with confidence to the future. It's morning again in my running world, and with tons of hard work, training, and rehab, all under the supervision of my personal trainer Anne, my running is stronger and better than at anytime in the last two years.

(For those of you who don’t “get” this post, it’s a take-off on Ronald Reagan’s popular “Morning in America” tv ad from his 1984 re-election campaign. The picture above is from yesterday’s race and I’m the runner on the left hand side wearing a long sleeve shirt and sun glasses.)

No comments: