Saturday, March 14, 2009

One Week to Go

It’s hard to believe that the last eight months have gone by so quickly. Back in July 2008, I could barely run more than 5 or 6 miles; the thought of completing a 26.2 mile race was a bit overwhelming, though the fact that I had so much time to train and prepare made it seem that this day would almost never come. Well, it’s almost time and I’m ready. I’ve logged the miles, done the training, lost the weight, and have stayed healthy. There have been a few aches and pains along the way, but overall I’m in a much better place than I was even a year ago.

Today I did a light workout with Anne at Gravely Point, and other than a handful of 20 minute jogs over the next few days, the training is essentially over. Now I just need to rest and relax, and look forward to next week.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Go get 'em Saturday :)